Quickbooks file doctor is a tool developed by Intuit to detect possible errors and fix them automatically. You will not need a lot of technical knowledge to use the tool on the system. The tool comes in the built-in version for Quickbooks 2016 and above. Though the tool is great to use, you can face errors while using Quickbooks file doctor. There are times when you face Quickbooks file doctor not working issues. This can happen because of trying to restore the inappropriate files, accessing incorporated files, Quickbooks related files are missing from the system, or if the files got misplaced, damaged, or corrupted. In case you are also facing the Quickbooks file doctor not working issue, this article can be helpful. Here is the detailed guide to fix the issue.
Quick Fixes to Resolve Quickbooks File Doctor Not Working
Method 1: Manually Open Quickbooks File Doctor
- To start with, you will have to open the Quickbooks on the system and then wait until you see the “No Company Open” window on the screen.
- After this, you will have to choose the File option. Next, choose the “utilities” option. Under this, you will have to choose the repair file option.
- Now, a dialog box will appear on the screen and you need to choose the OK tab.
- When done, you will have to click on the wrench icon and the Quickbooks file doctor tool will open on the screen.
- It will then diagnose the error and If any is detected, it will repair it.
- Next, you will have to click on the advanced settings option and then choose File diagnosis only.
- You will then have to click on the Next option.
- When the process will complete, you will have to open the file and then check if the issues are resolved or not.
Method 2: Disable the Hosting Mode
Now, you can also disable hosting mode to check if the Quickbooks file doctor is running on the system properly or not. After this, you may have to change the settings of the firewall. Follow the steps mentioned below for the same.
- To start with, you will have to open the antivirus software installed on the system. Under this, click on the option for web and email protection.
- Next, you will have to click on the firewall option and choose the ports and system services option.
- You will now need to click on the Add option.
- Under the services option, you will have to enter eMule. Now, you will have to go to the local TCP/IP ports, you need to enter TCP data.
- Next, in the local UDP port, you will have to enter TCP data.
- Choose the option for “open ports to” and then click on the All PCs option.
- In the end, click on the save option and then start the system again.
- Now you are required to check whether the Quickbooks won’t open error resolved or not. If not then please apply further.
Method 3: Repairing the Corrupted File
In case the files are corrupted, you can create a backup of the file and it can help replace the corrupted file. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you will have to start Quickbooks. You will then have to choose the File option.
- Next, you will have to choose the option to open or restore the company.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to click open or restore the backup copy. Now, click on the Next option to proceed with the process.
- Now, click on the local backup option and then choose the Next option.
- In the next window, you will have to choose the Browse option and then select the file.
- Next, you will have to choose the file having a QBB extension.
- After this, you will have to choose the Open option and then the Next option.
- Now, you will have to click on the drop-down menu to save the file and redirect to the location where you have stored the file.
- Next, a prompt with the entry of QBW extension will appear on the screen.
- You will now have to click on the save option.
Method 4: Using Auto Data Recovery
The files that you create in Quickbooks are usually examined by data recovery functionality. This is a lengthy process and may take some time to complete. It creates a backup of the file that has no errors. The backup is stored for 12-24 hours until you open the Quickbooks application again on the system.
If you face any error with the file, you can choose to recover your files and restore them on the system.
In case the Quickbooks file doctor is not working on the system, the above-mentioned methods will help you to fix the issue. If you are still facing the issue, you can seek help from a technical expert. Tech Daily Magazines